With the growth of Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), sellers increasingly adopt this warehouse service to scale their businesses and significantly boost sales.
How popular is FBA in the eCommerce world? According to Retail Info Systems News, the number of Amazon sellers adopting FBA grew more than 65% year-over-year worldwide. For the 2014 holiday season alone, FBA units shipped worldwide grew more than 50% year over year.
How does FBA work?
With Fulfillment By Amazon, sellers store products in Amazon’s fulfillment centers, and Amazon picks, packs, and ships products, and provides customer service for these items.
To learn more about how FBA works, visit the Amazon FBA overview.
Why sell on FBA?
For marketplace sellers experiencing operational challenges, and looking to save costs and improve customer experience, choosing to go with FBA (Fulfillment By Amazon) can be a smart business decision. Of the numerous benefits of FBA, one of the most important is that listings get high visibility within the Amazon Prime network, which is currently 44 million users strong. FBA products are eligible for Amazon Prime Free Two-Day Shipping, plus Amazon’s Free shipping on orders over $35.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Eligibility to win the Buy Box
- Reduced warehouse space needs
- Reduced customer service needs
- Ability to scale quickly given Amazon’s extensive fulfillment network
Monsoon Marketplace and FBA
Understanding the growth of FBA sellers and their needs, Monsoon Commerce has made significant enhancements to its FBA functionality. Ultimately, shipping to FBA (Fulfillment By Amazon) shouldn’t be an operational headache, so Monsoon Marketplace (formerly Monsoon Pro) now includes FBA Distributions, a new capability that streamlines the way sellers build and send FBA shipments.
Some of the key features of FBA Distributions include:
- Automates the creation of shipments based on Amazon’s distribution directive.
- Intuitive design around FBA workflows for easy and fast shipment creation.
- Streamlined workflow, so you can send items to FBA in fewer steps.
- Ability to customize various features to your organization’s workflow:
- Print item labels for FBA shipments using Monsoon Marketplace, or your system of choice.
- Support of multiple label sizes.
- Customize display of FBA related screens.
- Use a single Monsoon Marketplace installation to ship to FBA from multiple warehouses.
- For Monsoon Commerce Suite users, quantity syncs from Monsoon Marketplace to Monsoon OMS as you send items to FBA.
To get more details about FBA Distributions, or find out how to better leverage FBA, please contact us to learn more.
For existing Monsoon Commerce users, check out our Info Exchange blog post on FBA Distributions.